Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The first three days



Bonjour! I finally have the time and energy to write something on here! I had a really great flight to Paris from Dallas because I was in Business class and the food was excellent. I've only been here for three days and it feels like a week at least. I've already seen a French midget and I also saw a man get tackled by a policeman. My trip has now been successful haha. Monday night I had my first nice meal at a restaurant, Chez Clemmens, which was cuisine from the south of France. Tuesday morning I had my first French breakfast at a cafe which was cafe creme, orange juice, baguette with butter, and a croissant with jelly. I've never liked croissants and didn't understand why everyone was crazy about them, but that's because the ones I'd had in the US were terrible. Real French croissants are delicious. Last night I went to La Tour Eiffel, bought some "French" fries and watched the light show as the sun went down. Today I went to the catacombs which were actually a little unnerving at first because you walk for 10 minutes in narrow dark tunnels with poorly oxygenated air. But once I reached the spot where there were dead people I felt fine. I just went to the grocery store for some much needed snacks: milk, hummus, goat cheese (mmmmm), bananas, wine, and bread all for just 9.68 EURO. Tomorrow there is supposed to be a marche en plein air (farmer's market) close to my hotel, which should be quite fun to go to. I'll move out of the hotel and into a homestay on Sunday. I found out my classes are going to be France in Literature and Histories of Paris. I still don't know which level of language I'll be in but I'm hoping I get into French 5. I'll see.

A bientot!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... does anyone else think there is something odd about this statement?? "..but once I reached the spot where there were dead people I felt fine." Have a grand time, Sarah! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete