Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oops!

My sincerest apologies to those who read my blog regularly, it seems that I've let it die. I'm sure I've had all kinds of fun adventures the past 4 weeks, but I doubt I can share them in detail without writing a novel. So I'll give you a very brief list, just so you know.

-I did spend the rest of fall break with Elise in Egypt, which included going to the Fayuum oasis and the Cairo museum.

-The next weekend was a four day weekend during which I spend two rainy days in Bruxelles

-The following weekend I went to London and saw Les Miserables on the West End, which was a dream come true. The actor playing Inspector Javert was black, which was a bit unusual to me at first, but he was good. I wonder what Hugo would have thought? I also saw the new Harry Potter movie. Very dark, but awesome. We also visited King's Cross Station and the Abbey Road crosswalk.

-The Monday after my wonderful parents visited me for a week. I surprised them at the train station. =D I forced them to walk quickly in order to see as much as possible. We went to the Monet special exhibit and also took a D-Day tour in lower Normandy. We lucked out on the weather, it was a cold but sunny and clear day. The tour included a stop at the Caen Museum, Omaha Beach, Pont d'Hoc, and the American cemetery. Then they unfortunately had to leave. =(

-I just returned a few hours ago from Berlin. It was between about 7-17 degrees Fahrenheit the whole time and snowy. We stayed on a hostel on a boat that is run by one guy, and he was amazing. He cooked us breakfast, drove us to the airport, told us where to go and it was him and his boat (and his dogs) that made the trip amazing.

And after not being on the internet for (almost) 72 hours, I have 93 new emails to sort through. Woohoo!

Since I'm headed home in two weeks I'm about to write my Paris bucket list. There's so much I still need to see!

Hopefully pictures will make it up on Facebook. . .sometime. . .

A bientot!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Finally you write. I was wondering if you were going to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking and checking for news. Sounds like you and your parents had a wonderful time. We'll be happy to see you back in Stillwater

    ReplyDelete
  3. Says he who never reads my blog on time!!!

    I'll be back in Stillwater very soon. Too soon in fact. I still have things to see here!

    ReplyDelete