Last night I went and saw The Social Network. I was expecting it to just be a fun movie, but it was surprisingly well made and went by very quickly as it held my attention the whole time. And I ingested a large popcorn and large coke during the movie, which I don't usually do, but as this was the THIRD movie I've seen (theater or at home) in 10 weeks, then I felt like I deserved a touch of Americana. Salt with high fructose corn syrup, mmmm. I need to start watching more movies! It was interesting to see how the French laughed at different parts than us. Of course, they only got subtitles. In the movie they were making fun of how small Monaco is and that certainly tickled the French crowd.
One of the actors in the movie who I really liked was Andrew Garfield, who I've seen The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and one Doctor Who episode, in which Elise thought he was annoying. :P Okay his hair is a bit ginormous.

A while ago I had a book recommended to me called Never Let Me Go which I later learned was going to be a movie with Keira Knightley. I finally bought the book and started reading it. I was curious about the movie again, so I looked it up right after seeing The Social Network, and I rediscovered that Andrew Garfield is playing the lead male character in the film adaptation. Now I'm even more excited to finish the book and eventually see the movie.
Also, my parents and little brother successfully left for New York yesterday. I'm jealous, but my mom said she'd tell the US "Hello" for me. Haha. I finally gave my family a few of the presents I brought with me, right before they go to America and buy more of the same thing. I gave them Stillwater honey, Stillwater blackberry jam, organic store brand maple syrup, and JIF peanut butter. They seemed happy with my very sugary gifts.
So here's the critical part of this post, for Elise's eyes only! Well anyone can watch it really but it might be boring for you. Unless you're named Elise.
UPDATE: I have just learned that uploading videos is a painful process. And by the time it finishes it will be long past your birthday.
ANOTHER UPDATE Well I tried Elise, but I'll have to upload it tomorrow. Stupid French internet. I bite my thumb at you.
No comments:
Post a Comment